Labels: , , , , ,

Nars Drop Dead Gorgeous Mini Nail Kit

On a recent makeup haul (I got lucky because it was a sample sale haul), I got really lucky to come across this gem of a nail polish set from Nars Nails. I normally cannot afford this treat because the word budget is now permanently attached to any bit of cash I have (this includes credit cards). So when I found out about his sample sale, of course I jumped at the chance to score some great makeup at discounted prices.

This set, called Drop Dead Gorgeous Set, makes a great stocking stuffer. It normally retails for $30.00 but I got it for $7.00 (Score!!! Though I'm still kicking myself for not getting more because my sister and cousin would die over this)



This mini nail set features four Nars favorites: Arabesque, Chinatown, Candy Darling and Saratoga.They took a bit longer to dry because they're lacquers but I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri (shown below) to speed things up.


But back to the kit. The first color I tried was Arabesque - a metallic pink glitter in a clear base which goes on more intense the more coats you apply.


then I tried the creamy soft baby pink that is Candy Darling. I actually thought this color would not look very good on me but I'm happily surprised to say I like it


now on to the darker shades. First is Saratoga, a delicious ruby red with a touch of shimmer. A perfect shade for the wine trend we're seeing this fall


and lastly, the very devilish Chinatown, a creamy blood red. The color is so rich and the color so bold, how can you  not love it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
The Nail Polish Exchange © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art , in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters